WRPA Needs Your Talent and Energy. Volunteer with Us Today!
WRPA promotes excellence of current and future Parks and Recreation professionals through advocacy, education, networking, and training. To that end, there are many volunteer leaders in our state that support lobbying and professional development opportunities for the profession.
Our association could not thrive and provide great trainings each year without our volunteers. We have a great need to help build up some of our committees. Consider joining one of our great committees and help us serve our profession.
There are volunteer opportunities available with the following committees:
- Diversity Committee - Oversees the development of cultural competency workshops, college recruitment into our industry, and offer technical assistance to all staff.
- Membership Committee - Coordinates membership retention, growth and new member outreach. Help us create a welcoming environment for all of our current and future members!
- Resource Development Committee - Oversees the management of sponsorship. This committee is crucial to the funding of future programs and events for WRPA. Help us gain new sponsors and pledges!
- Student Connections Committee - This committee connects college students in recreation programs to professionals in the field while helping students gain experience, knowledge, and excitement in parks and recreation.
- Volunteer Committee - Oversees the recruitment of new volunteers.
Whether it is through communications, events, or sponsorship, you can use WRPA volunteer opportunities to gain valuable professional experience, support the broader Park and Recreation field, and most importantly, have fun! Wherever you are in your career, there is place for you to both serve and grow with WRPA. Please visit the WRPA Committee Directory for a full list of volunteer opportunities and corresponding job descriptions. If you are interested in volunteering, email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-459-0009.